Live Career

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to the Certification forum! The registration is easy; Just your basic name and email information.Work Smart, All the best in your IT Career!

Share | 

How can I get money for IT Certifications?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
super

PostSubject: How can I get money for IT Certifications?   Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:59 am

I'm transitioning out of the military and I'd like to get some IT training to bring my skills back up to when I didn’t have to sit behind a desk and go to meetings all the time. AF will reimburse me for IT boot camps but I just don't have the money up front. Once I begin my new career I would have the money to pay for training but I have to get the job first.
I'm interested in loans, grants, gifts ;-)
Back to top Go down
super

PostSubject: Re: How can I get money for IT Certifications?   Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:00 am

Western Governors University has online IT degrees that include your certification exams in the cost of tuition. It's 100% accredited, meaning you can get Federal Student Loans. The basic IT certs you get are CIW Professional, CIW Associates, Microsoft Certified Professional (based on MS 70-270 Windows XP Exam), Sun Certified Associate for the Java Platform, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Project+, CompTIA A+ IT Technician. Depending on the program focus you choose, the certs change. This even includes 1 free retake per exam.

Tuition is on a 6-month term basis but there is no limit to the number of classes you can take per term. That means you can finish as fast as you want with no extra charge for taking additional classes! Check their IT degrees out and let me know what you think. As a current student I can refer you for a free application. It will save you $60. I'm working on my MBA in IT Management and have been extremely happy with WGU. It's very affordable and the student support is top notch.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1